Thursday, September 13, 2012

Abundantly Juicy Creativity

               
My inspiration comes from just about everywhere:


A line of dialogue:

 "There's a lotta things about me you don't know anything about, Dottie. Things you wouldn't understand. Things you couldn't understand."
- PEE-WEE HERMAN (Paul Reubens) in Pee-wee's Big Adventure (1985)




A word:



A magazine ad:


A photo:


A face:




At the rate my ideas flow, I should have twenty published novels, three short story anthologies, a book of poems, and a daily blogpost. 

Unfortunately, all those ideas are just written on scraps of paper, inside, pocket journals, on pages ripped from magazines, and kind of look like this:



All in a pile, waiting for the time when I can expand on the idea, flesh out the plot, fill in the blanks, put a name to those faces, and ask them, "Why?"

Yes, my ideas are boundless. I have enough to write for six lifetimes. 

Every so often, one of those faces climbs to the top of the pile, yells out their name and demands to be heard. (Usually when I'm just falling off to sleep.)

What gets your creative juices flowing?



2 comments:

  1. Hey, your desk looks like mine! We so need to get organized.

    ctny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep gathering up the papers and putting them in a box. You know, for those days when you want to write but you need a prompt. Or when I make my first 100k in royalties. Then I can quit my job and write full-time. I have such a good imagination, don't I?

      Delete

Thanks for your comments. I LOVE hearing from you! :D